Founded in 1919, KitchenAid has been a household staple for generations. From standing mixers to dishwashers to refrigerators, Kitchenaid’s appliances are just another step in making a house a home. We’ve pulled together some fun facts about the beloved brand that’ll make you love it even more.
- KitchenAid got its name when the wives of company executives were trying the first mixers, and one claimed, “I don’t know what you call it, but it’s the best kitchen aid I’ve ever had.
- All KitchenAid refrigerators and freezers use a next generation insulation agent that results in a 99.9% decrease in global warming potential.
- In 1975, it took on average 272 gallons of water to produce a single appliance. Today, that number is down to 39 gallons.
- All KitchenAid refrigerators use the same or less energy, in one year, as a 60 watt light bulb.
- KitchenAid appliances are now sold at TreeHouse!
Learn more about KitchenAid’s commitment to sustainability.